Roof Repairs in High Wycombe
In need of roof repairs in High Wycombe? Consider P Carr Building Services. At P Carr Building Services, we first analyse and then identify the cause of any roofing problems so that our solutions are the most suitable for your requirements. To prevent serious roofing issues later on, it’s wise to choose a dependable roofing contractor to carry out regular roof repair maintenance. Such regular maintenance will make sure that your roof lasts as long as possible.
Your roof acts as your home’s only line of defence against the elements, such as strong winds, heavy rain, frost, sleet and snow and in some cases glaring sunshine in long periods of hot weather. This will easily wear away at roofing materials or loosen tiles after a while and that can result in expensive rotting roof timbers or even endanger the general public. We provide our customers with a complete roof maintenance service intended to identify problems at the initial stage and skillfully remedy them before they develop into a major problem.
In many cases full re-roofing may not be the solution to your roofing problems especially when a professional roof repair service can be under undertaken. Areas such as chimney flashings and pointing, valley channels, gutters, roof verges, ridges and hips can typically be repaired without having to fully re-roof a property.
Common Problems / signs that your roof needs attention:
- Debris on the floor from broken slates, tiles or defective mortar might indicate that there may be a problem.
- When you have missing tiles or slates, damage will occur to roof felt, timbers or plaster ceilings.
- Moss, leaves and other debris can block gutters and valleys. Overflowing gutters may cause damp to penetrate when running down walls or to back flow into the roof area.
- Un-treated timber fascia and soffit boards will rot, making gutter fixings unsafe and dangerous. New easy to maintain UPVC plastic is recommended.
- Hips, ridges and flashings may become detached in windy weather if pointing isn’t preserved. Try looking in gutters or gullies for indications of mortar droppings.
- Cracks in concrete flashings provide gaps for driving rain to penetrate into loft area.
- Cracked and split felt allows water to damage flat roof decking if left untreated, ultimately causing timber to rot. Bubbles in felt is another sign that a flat roof has come to the end of its life expectancy.
Contact P Carr Building Services
Call P Carr Building Services today if you require roof repairs in High Wycombe. All of our repair work is insurance backed and guaranteed, and we offer an emergency call out service. Feel free to browse our roofing services.